Process extension throws ClassNotFound exception after Agile upgrade
Hi All, After updating Agile application to RUP 15 (and DB to 19c), there is a process extension that is stopped working and we haven’t found the root cause the issue:
- It’s a CustomAction that triggers when we move an ECO to the next (Validation) state
- The px’s Java class is listed in the com.agile.px.ICustomAction file
- On the Admin UI, when we check this Process Extensions, the Java class not listed under the ‘Internal Custom Action’ drop down list => like it’s not registered?
These are the errors that it throws:
ECO Validator: Could not initialize class com.ni.apps.agile.common.validator.agileevents.changevalidator.ChangeValidationWrapperClass
ECO Validator: com/google/common/util/concurrent/internal/InternalFutureFailureAccess
(tried to recompile, redeploy this px, not helped)
Do you have any suggestion to resolve this issue?
Checking in metalink, i found this. Give this a try
In the temp folder of the Agile Application Server, there is another folder named “sdk.extensions.libs”.
This folder will be created only in Servers in the same location and not in Client side and it is not the SDK Implementation classes cache. It is the cache for the deployed Process Extension (PX).
The temp jar files of the PXs will be registered under sdk.extensions.libs when Agile Application Server is started or there is change in the code to the jar in <AgileHome>/integration/sdk/extensions.
It will be deleted by JDK API File.deleteOnExit(), and according to the JDK document, these cache files will be deleted only when the Java Virtual machine terminates normally.
This means that the temp jar files will be deleted automatically when the Agile Application Server gets shutdown normally.
However, there is time the cache files remain in the folder. This can happen when the process gets force stopped or killed, or the Agile Application Server was restarted and stopped through Windows service.
If the deployed PX started not to function normally for unknown reason, it is recommended to delete the old caches under this folder and see if the issue will disappear.
Hope this helps