Whether you’re a clothing retailer, an electronic circuit breaker manufacturer, or somewhere in between, I’m sure that you’re fully aware of how unpredictable events such as disasters and supplier disruptions can affect your supply chain. When it comes to Logistics, accurate route planning is crucial and ever-evolving trade regulations can add confusion and complexity. We’re delighted to share new features and enhanced capabilities included in the Oracle Transportation Cloud and Oracle Global Management Cloud release that’s available starting this week.
These enhancements further extend Oracle’s leadership position in the transportation management category. Oracle Transportation Management Cloud provides a single platform for transportation orchestration across the entire supply chain. Oracle Global Trade Management Cloud offers unparalleled visibility and control over orders and shipments to reduce costs, automate processes, streamline compliance and improve service delivery.
- Enhanced routing and advanced planning: make better decisions when planning routes by accounting for factors such as historic traffic patterns, hazardous materials and tolls. Advanced planning allows you to map out end-to-end order fulfillment and simulate integration flows with Oracle Order Management Cloud and Oracle Inventory Management Cloud
- Expanded regulatory support: respond to global trade needs by supporting expanded regulatory content, enabling more accurate screening and providing summary customs declarations enhancements.
- Driver-oriented mobile app features: improve the handling of shift-based drivers with enhanced support for planning and execution of private and dedicated fleets, including driver-oriented workflow on the OTM mobile app.
- UX and collaboration: simpler and easy-to-configure user interface through Oracle Content and Experience Cloud integrations that streamline collaboration with peers.
- Real-time “what-if” scenarios: resolve issues and questions from shipment planning processes with the help of a real-time visual tool that provides “what-if” scenarios.
More effective shipment planning and visibility
With the new release, you’ll find enhanced routing capabilities in Transportation Planning that enable Oracle Transportation Cloud to make better decisions when routing shipments and accurately predict the estimated time of arrival. Historic traffic patterns, hazardous materials, tolls and other factors can be taken into consideration when planning shipments. You can also review and resolve issues arising from the shipment planning process through the real-time visual diagnostics tool that offer new insights by providing “what-if” scenarios.
Improved accessibility to shipments for drivers
The OTM mobile app now includes workflows designed specifically for customers using private or dedicated fleets. Dispatchers can assign drivers to shipments in OTM and send those shipments to the drivers’ mobile devices, giving each driver complete visibility of his/her shipments.
Flexible regulatory content interfaces and usability enhancements
Redesigned regulatory content interfaces provide flexibility for third parties to include content in Oracle Global Trade Management Cloud and provide support for managing non-tariff measures that may impact your global supply chain. GTM now also supports multiple languages of the same tariff and any related regulatory notes. This is very helpful when you have users operating in a local language but may need your global customs team to still be able to work in English. We’re also introducing new usability enhancements in Global Trade Management Cloud that include out-of-the-box menus that are organized by business process, making it easier for users to navigate around the app. The new Restricted Party Screening workbench will help users quickly resolve open issues.
Stronger collaboration through social profiles and a seamless user interface
With Oracle Content and Experience Cloud, users can now create social profiles, collaborate with colleagues, and share documents directly within the OTM and GTM cloud application. What’s even better is that users will find the new interface simpler, cleaner and easier to configure. You can change background images or colors to suit your business needs.
You can find a detailed summary of what’s new in this release here.