Razorleaf supports and sells a suite of software developed by Design Rule called 3dxtools. In this blog, the 3dxdesigner utility will be discussed and how it can be used to manage configuration changes between 3DEXPERIENCE environments.
The 3dxtools suite significantly enhances the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform by providing:
- Web based configuration instead of customization
- Creation of real-world triggers and automation
- A comprehensive job processing solution
- A powerful 2D PDF processing & stamping solution
- An easy to configure ‘enterprise’ integration solution
This blog will focus on the 3dxdesigner application. The key benefits of the 3dxdesigner are
- Minimal installation footprint with no additions to the database.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Analysis tool to compare current configuration with one in the database.
- Simple export and import capabilities.
- Selection of admin objects that can be loaded
For deployments in which many configurations will be necessary and multiple environments will be deployed (such as test/development/qa/production) it can be a struggle to manage changes between environments and those changes can quickly become out of sync and cause real problems.
The reason 3dxdesigner was developed was to allow users a simpler approach to lifecycle-managing 3dxtools and 3DEXPERIENCE configurations by simplifying the creation and installation to a 3DEXPERIENCE implementation. This is accomplished by allowing configurations to be saved to a readable, intelligible XML file and allowing a configuration to be created and/or modified simply by creating or modifying existing XML files.
The 3dxdesigner accomplishes this simpler management by exporting a configuration to XML files from the 3DEXPERIENCE system, then loading XML files into the application to compare the saved configuration with the configuration in the database and importing an XML configuration into a 3DEXPERIENCE system. The 3dxdesigner application also allows a user to select which administrative objects the user wishes to export, not just an all or nothing approach.
To learn more about 3dxtools and the 3dxdesigner, contact us and we will connect you with the right expert.