Reg: Agile automation
Anyone know about “Automation file uploading process or kit” how to create that and how its working on there. i was read the “Agile Import and Export” Case study but i don’t get the idea. that is like a theory, but i need some examples.
Anyone interested please advice.
Advance thanks to all members and angels.
Okay in that case you can do the following:
1. Have all your attachment dumped into a folder.
2. Prepare the index file as follow:
3. Save this index file with any name e.g. Change_Upload_Index.txt
4. Open File Load Utility, you can open from either Java/Web-client but preferred is Java-client.
5. Typical screenshot of the same is below:
You can follow along that
6. Click OK and file upload should complete
1. Index File Creation : CHANGE ( Primary Key word), ECOXXXX(Your change number), , (Secondary key word should be kept as blank), File-Path(Path of the file on your machine) ,”Description”(You can keep it as blank)
2. Ensure that file path has “/” instead of “\” this is one of the common mistakes once does.
After Every upload that you do three files are generated:
XXX_Summary,XXX_Log, XXX_BAD,XXX_LOADED ( Here XXX is nothing but your index file name) . So you can refer to the _BAD files or _LOG files to see and verify for errors.
I don’t have dummy files however you can use any kind of .xls, .pdf or .doc file that you have in your desktop and use it in lower environment for testing. It doesn’t need to be a specific file for testing.
I have attached here one Index file, in this file you can mention the path to any dummy file present in your desktop and try it out. The index of the file should be changed as shown below :
Save this in the Index-final.txt and then upload. Hope it helps.