IOT integration with Agile PLM
1. Is there any Road map for Agile PLM to introduce IoT/IIoT based solutions for below Modules?
2. IoT technology promises to support closed-loop PLM. Is there any use cases to understand the real-time business benefits of this technology in Product development, Process and Cost improvement.
Most of the IoT bases solutions are Cloud-based (SaaS), is there any solution for on-premise PLM product ?
I’m affraid that Oracle doesn’t have plans to integrate Agile PLM to the IoT Cloud application, though Agile has the webservices ready to be used in a integration like that.
So, I’d start thinking about to create your own integrations, I’d suggest also to think about to use Oracle Integration Cloud Services, it’s a ready to use integration plattaform that can reduce your effort in achieving your goals.
Appreciate your quick response with suggestions
As we are Functional and business users of PLM Softwares, can you please share your thoughts on what IoT technology promises to support closed-loop PLM. Is there any use cases to understand the real-time business benefits of this technology in Product development, Process and Cost improvement.
take a look in what Oleg is saying about.
an old post
and a new one
Of course there’re several other authors out there, but it’s a beginning.
It is a million dollar question.
As you know that IOT has multiple capabilities,
- Edge computing
- Integration with ecosystem
- closelooping of IT and OT with engineering
- Enabling analytics for enterprise change management
- Lastly, mashable applications for self service application
Agile PLM is old warhorse good for driving wagon in enterprise applications.
Oracle positioned cloud PLM as digital PLM for IOT.