Is there any development to the Agile PLM mobile apps – Apple store indicates last update was 3 years ago?
Is there any road map on feature development to come? We are currently in test mode of the current app and have the following general and functionality questions that we find the app in the default setup unable to perform.
- What level of detail can be accessed through the app – example – can we get to the BOM tab of an affected item that is on a change?
- Any known issues on certain devices or platforms (i.e. Android v Apple)?
- What objects/modules in Agile can be configured to be viewed in the mobile app (can we configure to see parts, documents, etc or just changes when routed for approval)?
- Can users create a new change/change request from the app?
- Can users update or add attachments to a change?
- Can users revise/edit attributes on a change (if they have the correct permissions)?
In other words, Agile is on the end-of-life track with no feature roadmap to get excited about. Oracle’s direction is the cloud and their other PLM (PD) offering. At this point, I am not sure it would be prudent to invest in Agile if you are getting started. Look to a product with a future.
You two are such jokers… I think if I recall correctly the app that was created was simply just a pointer that took the user to the corporate Agile instance in the mobile device…. there really wasn’t a ‘true’ mobile GUI that was created for customer distribution.
And to answer your question Albert… we are seeing one more update coming up late 2021
but resources would be better placed in looking for the next evolution of the corporate needs for product management. If you want to respond to your users, let them know that the platform is really no longer a strong plan on the Oracle roadmap and this is the time to learn from your current solution to start discussions on a replacement since these talks can take years to become project reality.
Best of luck.
Yeah, 9.3.7. Last half of 2021. We can start a rumor mill of what it should have. I “heard” it will have:
- An integration to Slack or build-out of Discussion capability.
- Digital Thread/Twin for in-field management.
- A SIMPLE pdf redline tool.
- pdf watermarking of old and new revisions.
- Publish and Notifications to external email addresses with return receipt.
- A change impact assessment feature.
- Updated html editor and larger html fields.
- Checkbox and To-Do fields.
- Rejection codes.